- This event has passed.
Nominations Close – 2018 Elections for Black Rose
May 5 @ 11:55 pm - 11:59 pm
If you’re friendly, enthusiastic, and ready to roll up your sleeves to help BR keep providing quality BDSM education, please consider running for the BR Board of Directors. Email your candidate statement of 50-250 words, along with your legal first name (or middle, if used) and last initial, to be included on the ballot, to email@example.com no later than May 5, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET.
Positions Up for Election:
All candidates for the Board must meet the following qualifications:
- Persons wishing to be elected must have been Black Rose members for at least one continuous year 1 prior to 30 April of the year in which they seek election, in good standing, with dues paid in full.
- Spouses and/or significant others or any other family members of other candidates and/or of board members may not run for a board seat if it would cause them to serve simultaneously.
- Members working as professional dominants and/or professional submissives are not eligible to hold office.
Anyone running for a board position must have regular access to e-mail (this is the primary method used to communicate between board members, staff, and the membership) and be able to receive emergency phone calls during the day.
All candidates for the position of Arbiter and Ombudsman must meet all criteria for members seeking election to the Board. In addition, Arbiter and Ombudsman candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must have been a member of Black Rose for at least three continuous years prior to 30 April of the year in which they seek election.
- Candidates for election to the Board, seated Board members, and their spouses and/or significant others are not eligible to run for Arbiter or Ombudsman.
- Individuals wishing to run for the office of Arbiter or Ombudsman must not have been a member of the Board for one year prior to taking office (i.e., a seated Board Member may not be a candidate for these offices).